Wednesday, July 29, 2009

i like food

To anyone who knows me, it should come as no surprise that I like food. Food is good and eating is fun. Handmade food is preferred. I lived this entire past winter on frozen pizzas and soup so, I'm not opposed to processed food. But hey, if you got a bakery within walking distance, walk to it and buy their stuff and eat it.

This is some of what the inside of Stone Hearth Bakery looks like. They're situated at 138 N. East Street in Frederick at the corner of 2nd. Fine fellows one and all. I went in the other day to perform my own personal cookie taste test. Mostly, I just needed a cookie because I was bummed ~ so I turned that into my quest for the perfect cookie. Plus, I needed a loaf of bread.

The bread was picked out and sliced for me. Then I proceeded to point to delicious things while the kind fellow dropped them in a bag. Three cookies and one coconut scone in addition to the bread came to $9.50. It was at this point that the baker guy realized that his credit card machine was on the fritz. I had no cash. Presently, another baker guy emerged from the back room and said, "It's okay, she's a regular. Just jot down her name and she can pay tomorrow." I've been there a total of four times. By the way, I did not buy the cake below. I merely fell in love with it. I'll be back for it on my birthday.





2 comments:

  1. Yowza, it looks to be made of wax. Good eats and good photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE locally owned businesses that can have 'regulars' and help them out like that! :)

    HUGS...

    ReplyDelete