Friday, August 7, 2009

cleaning day

My apartment is now the cleanest apartment on the planet. Wednesday witnessed a frenzy of vacuuming blitzing and spider web eradication as well as some throwing out of some extraneous cardboard. Anyhoo, in the midst of all this, I found a file folder that contained random papers that I assumed had been thrown out by me in some former frenzy as it had been missing till now. Flipping through said folder I found page 1 of an exhibitor's contract for a group show that I vaguely recall agreeing to participate in. By the way, I really have no problem ending sentences with prepositions. Just so you know.

Be that as it may, it wasn't until the next day (yesterday) that I decided to check my emails from group show organizer figuring I had missed the boat completely. Holy Shit! Said group show starts on Friday, August 7 and final drop off is Thursday, August 6 which is yesterday, the day I was currently in. This meant spontaneous driving to Baltimore was about to occur. Not what I was planning but, hey! Below are pictures from the Irvine Nature Center.


Art was delivered on time and under budget and, rather than jump right back in the car, I decided to mosey the trails a bit as I had never been at this place before in my life. There was a convergence of moseying and I found myself walkin' along with a gaggle of kids who were super excited about nature. It's nice to know that the world is still producing kids who will squeal with delight when they see nothing but a big bunch of grass.



This place offers 116 acres of walking and moseying opportunities that include benches and gazebos and vistas and views of all sorts. I'll have to go back when I have time because it's now one of my new favorite places. And my art is hanging somewhere in this building until September.

Lucky I found that folder.

3 comments:

  1. OMG, what a gorgeous place! And what luck to find that folder:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their trails are nice, unpaved. I plan on going back next week to walk them all. I'll get some pictures of what that show looks like...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does seem grand. We can roll down there at the end of the month. I will hop up and down.

    ReplyDelete