Sunday, July 19, 2009

big foot

Time for another shadow picture of me on play equipment. I found two things: a bakery and a small farmer's market. Both are on East street and 2nd or thereabouts. The market materializes like Brigadoon on Thursdays at 3 pm and then fades back into the mist a short while later. The bakery bakes stuff but I have not been in there yet to see what exactly. The guy who owns it (the baker, I'm guessing) is said to be a heroic holdout to the forces of evil that endeavor to gentrify Shab Row. I guess it used to be quirky and welcoming and is now all hoity toity with it's high rents and kicking out of the common people. Then again, some folks say it used to be dirty and dangerous but, that was before my time. Said baker certainly benefits from the increased foot traffic so, who the hell knows. I'll go for a loaf of bread later and report back with my findings. Have a sunny Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. How lovely to find everything you need right there near you:) And a bakery!!! How glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I turn a corner, there's some other marvelous thing.

    ReplyDelete