Monday, June 15, 2009

lucky with a k

Today I'm off from work entirely and have no idea how to behave. So far, I've accomplished close to nothing but am having a fabulous time nonetheless. Earlier in the day, I rode my bike to the Goodwill to peruse their backpack selection (which is non-existent save for one small, plastic Winnie the Pooh item that simply won't do.) Golf bags they have. Luggage they have. Backpack season is over, apparently but I will improvise for the time being and like it. Earlier than that, I spent nearly two hours yakking on the phone which is strange and unusual as phone talkin' is not something I typically engage in other than to say, "I'm running a little late" or "no, you must have misdialed." This is officially the summer of new things.

Speaking of summer, it is a positively gorgeous evening and I have set up my little table and chairs out on the brick patio. I've got a cool breeze, no bugs, my laptop and a cold beer. Life does not get any better than this. Well, actually it does but this is as perfect as it gets ~ till some other day. This is a picture of my shadow taken by me on Christmas day.

2 comments:

  1. You're like Peter Pan...except female and probably taller:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great sounding evening. That was not a clever comment but sincere.

    ReplyDelete