Saturday, June 20, 2009

lucky monkey

Saturday started out with me feeling completely gross. Actually, that started in the middle of the night and kept me up and it was a real pain in the ass. As a person who doesn't get sick much, it usually takes me a while to put 2 and 2 together so, I'm guessing that I haven't felt well for a couple of days and I'm just now figuring it out. Wah wah. The last time I had the actual flu was 1998. I'm serious. Not that this was the flu, mind you. Anyhoo, I got up really early and puttered around doing all sorts of hyper-focused things which is my modus operandi when attempting to avoid behaving like I'm sick (i.e doing nothing.)

The following things were accomplished by me at the crack of dawn: 1) cleaned kitchen, 2) created 9 envelopes of various sizes from a map of the world given to me by the Mighty Lee, 3) threw out copious amounts of previously filed papers that are now meaningless, 4) filled a garbage bag with stuff I can't believe that I still have. The phone rang around 9 am and, after hanging up, I fell asleep for three hours. Then I cleaned the tub and it's now fit to take a bath in. God, is it ever hot. Then, I took scissors to my old man pajama pants again and turned them into shorts.

Here is a marvelous comic book cover sent to me recently. It is amazing and funny needed to be posted for obvious reasons.

2 comments:

  1. I will have to track it down to discover what "thing" grew on the moon and what it had to do with last boys on Earth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please do. And report back. This mystery haunts me.

    ReplyDelete