Saturday, October 31, 2009

happy halloween

Half my halloween day was spent on my bike riding around lucky town in this weird semi-summerish weather. It's not totally summery, just warmish for what you'd expect. Anyhoo, I've been meaning to make my way to Mount Olivet Cemetery because local cyclist types have been encouraging me to do so. I fully expected to have to ride on Market and then down sorta towards the mall thus having to deal with car traffic but, that was not the case. Mount Olivet cemetery has an entrance at the end of Court Street. How freaking easy is that?


The cemetery is sort of on the large side and it's situated such that you can see the Costco and Harry Grove Stadium as well as other urban sprawl. Interred there are both Francis Scott Key and Barbara Fritchie as well as Francis' parents and other notable local dignitaries. It's got a visitor's center and chapel but I didn't make a study of those things. Alls I did was ride around and look for decent shots in this lousy light. Found a few but nothin' much. I'll be back though. Have a spooky holiday! Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment